Check here for answers to our most commonly asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, email us or call in the US at (877) 568-2733 or outside of the US at (415) 773-1060.
1. What is the Joy of Life Club?
It is the frequent guest program of Joie de Vivre Hotels that treats you to exclusive amenities and services each time you stay. The Joy of Life Club allows you to earn points at each of our participating locations which are redeemable for an exciting choice of reward options.
2. How can I join the Joy of Life Club?
There are three easy ways to enroll in the Joy of Life Club:
3. What are Joy points?
Joy points are points you earn at each of our participating hotels and spas throughout California. Joy points are redeemable for a wide variety of rewards, visit our reward catalog for complete details.
4. How do I earn Joy points?
Earn Joy points at each of our participating hotels and spas throughout California. Give us your Joy ID when you make your reservation or when you check-in. By signing up, you are welcomed into our club as a Joy Seeker, earning points to become a Joy Enthusiast and finally a Joy Aficionado.
Joy Seekers (0 to 2,499 points):
Joy Enthusiasts (2,500 to 9,999 points):
Joy Aficionados (10,000+ points):
*points awarded on room rate and spa services only
5. How can I redeem my Joy points for rewards?
Call Member Services at (877) 568-2733 8am - 5pm (Pacific Time) to request your reward certificate or visit our rewards catalog to request your reward online. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks to receive your reward certificate in the mail. Redemption instructions are unique for each reward and will be printed on the reward certificate or e-mailed to you upon redemption.
6. Can I combine my reward certificates?
You can combine your reward certificates valid for hotel stays or spa services at our participating hotels and spas.
7. What can I apply my hotel and spa reward certificates toward?
Hotel stay and spa reward certificates can be applied toward your entire stay. The reward certificate value will be applied toward your room rate or spa service first.
8. Is Joie de Vivre Hotels going to add new participating locations? If so, when?
New properties are added to the program each year. Check our participating hotels and spas for the latest list of participating locations.
9. I forgot to show my card during my last visit. Can I still receive Joy points for that visit?
Yes. Check your account online to see if your stay was credited. If not, fax a copy of your receipt/folio, within 90 days of your visit, with your Joy ID written on it and a cover letter explaining that you are requesting points be added to your account to Member Services at (877) 568-2733.
10. I enrolled after I visited a participating location. How do I receive points for that visit?
Fax a copy of your receipt/folio with your Joy ID on it and a cover letter explaining that you are requesting points be added to your account to Member Services at (415) 835-0317. We will give credit for visits up to 90 days prior to your enrollment date.
11. What types of rewards can I earn with my points?
Joy points are redeemable for a wide variety of rewards, including unique California experiences, hotel stays and spa services. Browse our reward catalog for a complete list of reward options.
12. Is there a fee to join the Joy of Life Club?
No. Membership in the Joy of Life Club is free.
13. How do I ensure I receive my points when I visit a participating location?
It's easy. Once you join the Joy of Life Club you will receive a unique Joy ID. Please use this Joy ID every time you make a reservation, whether online, by phone, or with a travel agent to ensure you receive Joy Points for your stay and so we can recognize you as a member of our loyalty club. You may check your account online to see if your stay was credited at any time.
14. How many rooms can I earn credit for at once?
Members can earn points for up to three rooms per qualifying stay if all eligible charges for all three rooms appear on the member's folio and the member is paying for all three rooms and has occupied one of those rooms.
15. Can I get credit for any leftover points or value from a redeemed reward certificate?
No. We cannot offer credit (cash or points) for leftover points or value once you redeem a reward certificate. You should only redeem points for amounts that cover the cost of your next visit.
16. How do I find out how many points I've earned?
You can check your account online and view your past activity. You will need to create a user name, input your email address, Joy ID, last name and day and month of birth to access your account information online. You may also call Member Services at (877) 568-2733, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (Pacific Time).
17. Why am I having problems logging in to my account?
To log in to your account online, you must create a user name, input your email address, Joy ID, last name (spelled correctly) and day and month of birth. If you continue to have problems, it could be that we do not have record of your birth date on file. Please contact Member Services at (877) 568-2733, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (Pacific Time) for assistance.
18. Which Joie de Vivre hotels locations participate in the Joy of Life Club?
Please refer to our participating properties page. We will be adding new locations in the future so keep coming back for updates.
19. Why can't I receive points at the Hotel Drisco anymore?
Effective February 1, 2004, the Hotel Drisco is no longer a participating location of the Joy of Life Club. You can still earn points at any of our participating hotels and spas.
20. I joined the Joie de Vivre Hotels' Loyalty Club during a visit at Acqua Hotel, Waters Edge, Mill Valley Inn, Hotel Los Gatos, Archbishop's Mansion, Costanoa, Hotel Drisco, Mount View Hotel & Spa or Savoy Hotel. Is my membership affected?
No, your membership in the club has not changed. You can still use your card at any of our participating hotels and spas.
21. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Contact Member Services at (877) 568-2733, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (Pacific Time). If you call after hours, simply leave a message stating your name, Joy ID, phone number, and you will receive a return call the next business day. Or email us now.
22. Terms & Conditions
See updated T&C
23. Security & Privacy